.

.

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

***Review Tour*** Perfect Lie by Teresa Mummert


Synopsis:
Sometimes love burns so hot in your veins that it consumes
all rational thought.

That's why Brock and I never had a chance.  I had to start my life over. College was my
chance to become someone new. I changed everything about myself to fit in, but
one person saw through my facade.

The attraction between Abel and I was undeniable, but I
still hadn't healed from the painful secret I carried around with me. Abel
struggled to get me to face my past in order to move forward. In doing so, he
revealed a secret of his own; one that changed everything I thought I knew.

A secret that would bring Brock back into my life and force
me to face the truth of what really happened the day I lost him.

Purchase Links:

Jenn's Review:

As soon as I finished this book I had one word on my mind. BRILLIANT. I wanted to talk about it immediately and if you haven’t read it yet, I couldn’t risk giving anything away. But you that have read it well, you know what I’m talking about.

Delilah or Lie had a crappy childhood. She is a product of rape, whose mother was forced to keep. She made it painfully clear that Lie was not wanted nor loved. Lie ran away from home multiple times and finally ended up in a group home to live until it was time for school to resume. This is where she meets Brock. He doesn’t back down from her when she tries to push him away. He becomes her first real friend and soon her first love. He knows it’s bad at home and worse at school. Lie is bullied and picked on constantly. Everyone knows her own mom doesn’t want her and they know why. Brock ends up leaving her too but we don’t know what happened until the end.

Fast forward a few years and she lives Trish and she says Trish is her friend but, she knows that’s not really true. Trish only looks out for herself and the next party. Lie still takes care of her though. Through Trish she meets Abel. He’s different than the others but she’s still not sure if he is someone she can trust. She starts to slowly let him in but that goes to sh!t when he agrees to go out with party girl Trish.

This really upset me! I could sense that Abel has feeling for Lie and his actions had me all kinds of confused. But, it all comes together nicely, I promise. I know I really haven’t given much away and there is a huge reason for that. If you like a book with a huge twist in it, then this is for you. You know those books that make you gasp when it all comes together? Yeah, this did it for me. I cannot wait to see what comes next!

Author Bio:

"I was a Russian spy at the ripe age of thirteen, given my uncanny ability to tell if someone was lying ( I also read fortunes on the weekends). By sixteen I had become too much of a handful for the Lethal Intelligence Ensemble (L.I.E.). I was quickly exiled to the south of France where I worked with wayward elephants in the Circus of Roaming Animals and People (C.R.A.P.). I was able to make ends meet by selling my organs on the black market for pocket change and beer money. At the age of twenty three I decided to expand my horizons and become a blackjack dealer in Ireland. I loved the family atmosphere at Barney's Underground Liquor Lounge (B.U.L.L.). People couldn't resist the allure of Liquor up front and poker in the rear. Eventually I became tired of the rear and headed off to the United States to try my hand at tall tales. That is what brings us here today. If you have a moment I'd like to tell you a story.
(This bio is not to be taken seriously under any circumstance.)

Teresa Mummert is an army wife and mother whose passion in life is writing. She is the author of the New York Times and USA Todaybestselling novels White Trash Beautiful and Suicide Note. Born in Pennsylvania, she lived a small town life before following her husband's military career to Louisiana and Georgia. Check out her website for samples and updates! TeresaMummert.com"

No comments:

Post a Comment