.

.

Monday, March 4, 2013

Welcome to Jennifer's Book Addiction!

Welcome all to my new blog!!!  This is my very first post!!!    I wanted my first post to showcase one of my favorite authors S.L. Jennings and her Dark Light Series.  The second book, The Dark Prince, was released on Tuesday!  Have you bought it yet?  You should....  here is the book description and my review.



Book description from Amazon.com:

Dorian Skotos is Dark. And although that brand of sheer, unrelenting evil is a direct threat to her life, Gabriella is tragically in love with him.

Gabriella knew it was all too good to be true. The way his touch radiated electricity right to her core, the way his ice blue eyes somehow made panties drop involuntarily, how his sexy half-smile crumbled the barriers around her heart…Dorian was extraordinary in every way.

She ignored the alarm bells for the sake of pleasure and a little slice of peace from her mixed-up life. She thought that whatever he was, she could help him. Maybe even change him. But now that the proof of Dorian’s true identity and what he was sent for is staring her in the face, Gabriella can’t deny the inevitable. And confronting that truth could very well slaughter more than just her fragile heart.


My review of the Dark Prince:

I was fortunate to receive an ARC of this book. I wish I could give more than 5 stars because this book deserves so much more!!! This book it hot and sexy but as also very deep and emotional. So many times it felt like my heart was ripped out of my chest and shoved back in through my stomach only to be removed again and shoved down my throat! It's such a roller coaster of emotions and steamy hotness I didn't want it to end! S.L Jennings is an AMAZING writer and she draws you in to the book and each scene and makes you feel you are there with the characters and you know them personally. I cannot say enough about her writing skills and what genius she is! She also incorporates a lot of music in her stories. You know the song and you can associate the emotion that goes with it.

This is the 2nd book in the Dark Light Series involving 20 year old Gabriella who parents were supposed to be enemies that fell in love, one being from the dark and one being from the light. On Gabriella's 21st birthday she must choose to align with one... the dark or the light. The Dark Prince starts right where the Dark Light ends with Gabriella learning the secrets of her lover's past and who he really is. In this book we learn more about her lover, Dorian Skotos and his family. Dorian is so damn sexy that it makes your panties wet just by his smile! He and Gabriella declare their love for each other but when deals are made to protect Gabriella's family and friends their love is tested. Does true love prevail in the end? Can their love survive...

Here are some of my favorite quotes from the book... they just make me melt!!!

"But you, my love, hold the most powerful magic that this world has ever seen. And I am in love with you. You could easily decimate me by simply taking your love away."

"I can feel you, every one of your emotions. I'll know when you're sad, happy, lonely, afraid, aroused. But not only that, I will experience those emotions as if they are my own. Your pain becomes my pain. Your joy becomes my joy."

"He is all-consuming; I feel him stimulating every part of me all at once. Owning me."

"I've been waiting my entire life to love you."

"No matter what, I want to know that my love for you is real. And I will die loving you. Live in the moment with me, Gabriella. Let is carry us through the storm."

"Dorian came to my room where I let him breathe me, allowing the moment to turn into a searing, endless kiss, I knew I was addicted. Just as he, evidently, was addicted to me. Dorian was my drug. I am a freckin" fiend."



Sounds fabulous right????  No go check out both her books!!  You will love them!

Amazon link for The Dark Light:
http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Light-The-Series-ebook/dp/B009YLRCCU/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1363276756&sr=1-1&keywords=dark+light

Amazon link for The Dark Prince
http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Prince-Light-Series-ebook/dp/B00BSVNYT4/ref=sr_1_17?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1363276597&sr=1-17&keywords=dark+prince

5 comments:

  1. I am absolutely hooked on S.L. Jennings Dark Light series right now!! How can you not be with her cliffhangers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is now my absoltule favorite series of all time! It brought out so many different emotions like no other book!!

      Delete